Pages

weeeeeeeee[kend]

Monday, October 29, 2012

What are the ingredients for a perfect weekend, you ask?

1 part birthday
1 part wedding
2 parts awesome nights out
1 part amazing fiance
10+ parts friends
1 part hurricane prep

shake + serve over a cool 60 degree weekend.

Oh yes, my friends, it was one for the books.  

first off, we got our save-the-dates
weeeeeeeeeeee!!  less than 9 months less than 9 months!!

birthday buddy at work left me special treats
(including, but not limited to a delicious PSL, balloons, and chocolatey deliciousness!!)
the kids were extra super duper nice - an added bonus for sure.

Nick showered me with special treats and was so stinken thoughtful with his best friends charm, flower delivery to work, and other loving gestures/gifts.  I'm the luckiest lady :)  he even re-created the proposal wine bottle to remind me of how special that event was!

I got a surprise delivery - flowers from my girlfriend A.Ro
(Did I mention she is currenly living in ITALY?!  And was visiting Ireland this weekend?!  And still thought of little ol' me back in the states?!  amazing.  I'm so grateful for her.)



We did a little out + about with co-workers/friends to celebrate turning 21....
...or however old I am (after 21 I decided to stop keeping tarck)
(psst - my "birthday buddy" is the lovely lady in the bottom left picture with me!)


Then recovered quickly and brought our A game to 
a fabulous wedding celebrating Mr. & Mrs. Hall
--I even got a dance with one of the little ushers--
c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s you crazy lovebirds :)

...and what better way to end the weekend then to prep for a hurricane and receive this beauty in a text message?!  Seriously, gorgeous.  And she's a mouse.  hee hee (inside joke!)

so yes, it. was. awesome.
a couple other highlights:
-Nick actually got to say "suit up" and did [from how I met your mother*]
-We double dutched on the dancefloor at the wedding 
-We have school cancelled today in light of hurricane Sandy
-We will be keeping it classy by welcoming Sandy with breakfast Bloody Marys 
-No shave November is rapidly approaching

...Yep, awesome.

How was YOUR weekend??
If you're reading this, I'll assume that Sandy didn't grace your presence, right??

Stay dry, my friends!

12 comments:

Kait said...

Ahh I'm so glad you had a happy birthday weekend and re-creating the proposal?! So sweet!

Kait said...

Ahh I'm so glad you had a happy birthday weekend and re-creating the proposal?! So sweet!

The Pink Growl said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Hope you enjoyed it! less than 9 months until the wedding - EXCITING!

anna lizbeth said...

congrats on the save the dates! I LOVE wedding paper divas! annalizbeth

Brooke Hamilton said...

Looks like you had a great Birthday! You should post a picture of your save the dates. We ordered ours from wedding paper divas as well and I LOVED them!!!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Christina! Glad you had a fun weekend full of celebrating! You are one lucky gal :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Happy birthday weekend! Sounds like one for the books.

Helene said...

happy birthday weekend!!! looks like you had an absolute blast!

Laura Darling said...

That sure does sound like a great weekend! Hope you didn't get too much damage from the storm! We lost power for a while but that's about it!

Unknown said...

Aw looks like a fun weekend :)

Yes, thankfully Sandy didn't cut my power... so I'm able to catch up on the Weekend Update posts!

Tyler said...

Happy Belated Birthday! :) Those cupcakes look so yummy!!

Katie said...

yeah!!! glad you had such a good birthday!!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS