Pages

I like CHEESE STICKS

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

questions to ponder on this #randomwednesday evening after a longgg car ride and lots and lots of music playing on the snowy trek down  [couldn't miss it Shanna!]

Who thought Rhianna's song went like this, "We fell in love in a hopeless place" ?
[instead of we found love in a hopeless place]

this girl.

Who also thought once upon a time that iFeliz Navid! (the song) went iFeliz nannie naaa! ?

this girl, again.

And who is convinced that the Black Crowes song goes "hey little thing let me light your candle 'cuz a mama I'm sure I'll de henna na dance around" ?
[when the real lyrics are "hey little ting let me light your candle 'cuz mama I'm sure hard to handle now, gets around"]

you guessed it... me.

So this got me to thinking, what other songs do you "improvise" lyrics for?  because I know I cannot be the only one, and I also am certain that there are hundreds of songs out there with lyrics that may initially stump even the savviest of listeners.  

some others that I've thought of are as follows... 

Couple of church-going favorites:
"Hosanna in the highest."  
My (at the time) 4-year-old sister was convinced it went "lasagna in the highest."  I don't know about you, but Hosanna is a confusing//uncommon word for a 4-year-old and it does have an uncanny similarity to "lasagna" when you think about it?  


"Joy to the World"
With Christmas just past us, have you aaaalways known the lyrics to "Joy to the World"?  Because I was convinced it went a little like this:  "Joy to the world, the Lord is born.  Let Earth receive her kin.  Let every heart prepare in prune, and Heaven and nature sing, and Heaven and nature sing, and Heaven and Heaven and nature sing"

merp...  not totally off, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as preparing in prune?

Aand a poppy tune:
"Like a G6"
This is a song that talked about slizzerp sippin' - two words that are absolutely not defined in the Merriam Webster dictionary...  However, two children I used to babysit came up with their own version of this hit, "I like cheese sticks, I like I like cheese sticks."  Do you know every one of those words?  Betcha your answer was yes.  Insta-Improvement.

so again I leave you with the question, what other songs do you "lip" or improvise words for until you hit up google to find the real lyrics?

I also leave you with the saddest excuse of a recap of life as of late [IG style] since all other pictures are far far away on MILs camera.  happy day-after-Christmas, friends!

tacky sweater party 12/21 | the most obnoxious light display of 2012

Christmas Eve | cousins [sans some special missing Texans]

a white Christmas | and a long trek home

happy to be home | introducing Nick to Homeland [so far so good!]

photo credit here.

2 comments:

Cortney said...

I am awful about that. I sang a song wrong for years and I was singing along with it when my husband was around and he totally called me out on it and googled it to prove me wrong..dangit! I love that so many people got a white Christmas! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

Laura said...

So funny - it's so easy to get lyrics mixed up! Your made-up lyrics were hilarious :)

Glad you had a great Christmas!!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS