Pages

SunMon

Monday, October 07, 2013

Knock knock...
Who's there?
Owen.
Owen who?
0-and-4.

Jokes.  Really really funny football jokes this year.  And no, I'm not a Giants fan, but yes, I am a Steelers fan.  And double yes if you were about to ask me if it's been a tough season so far.  Regardless of the pain and frustration, once a Steelers fan, always a Steelers fan; however, I'm ready for a win (or two or three).

In the meantime, I have a poor Nick over here watching the game of a lifetime between the Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys only to face defeat to Mannings' magic.  What in the actual h-e-double-hockey-sticks was the end of THAT game all about?  Am I right in saying a final score of 51-48 is ridiculous?  And am I also right in saying that Romo was having quite the game, but this will be forever overshadowed by his one tragic interception?  I am in no way a 'boys fan, but when my boy is happy, I am happy.  Currently, my boy is not happy.  You get the rest.  

It must be a full moon or something, because that wasn't the only recent ridiculousness gracing these parts.  Just yesterday, we had an 87 degree day.  In OCTOBER.  So you know what one does when they have an 87 degree day in October?  

One has a boat day :)




I can't even begin to express my gratitude to our wonderful friends who constantly fuel our desire for some water therapy and host us on their boat.  I may or may not have even left their boat a shade or two darker than I came.  That is the kind of ridiculousness that I'll happily accept.

Until it is followed up by a tornado-warning-meets-shelter-in-place at your high school the next day.

Yep, that was fun.  2000 + students crammed into the halls and windowless rooms of the first floor of our overcrowded building wondering when they'd get their lunch and if they were in a drill or not.  Hands down - the kids were far more amazing than I'd ever anticipate, but I'd be happy to not have to worry about any freak scenarios again any time soon.  I'd also be happy if we could make it through the next few days calm, cool, and collected, because I have some reunions and Penn State tailgating to get to.

I even have a little college-bff-turns-world-traveler gracing us with her presence over the weekend.  Miss Amelia is making a pit stop in the happiest of valleys before she heads herself off to Thailand.  Couple that with our usual suspects, and you have a party.

Now let's just wait and see how the good 'ol Nittany Lions fare vs. Michigan.

Stay tuned for more family fun a-la Nick & Christina.

PS, food (pun intended) for thought:


 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

1 comment:

Katie said...

so warm for october! yeah for a boat day! a tornado warning on the other hand not fun!!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS