Pages

tee gee eye effffff

Friday, December 20, 2013

I am as happy as a clam in mud at high tide you guys - it is CHRISTMAS VACATION FRIDAY!!!  As of 2:50 today, I have eleven days of freedom from my job + kiddos which means eleven days to recharge the batteries, relax, day drink, night drink, cuddle, see family, eat, open prezzies, and party my way into 2014.  I AM SO EXCITED!  

We had a mild week and are wrapping it up with the ugly sweater party we'll be attending tonight (see outfit DIY here).  From most recent to least recent, here's what we've been up to:

Making lots of food for holiday parties, pot lucks, and dinners at home.  Most recently I've made home made scalloped potatoes and veggie pizza (which both turned out pretty okay if I do say so myself):



We've also been enjoying one or two more adult beverages than usual.  #dontjudge.  


The PTSO (parent teacher student organization) made us a delicious Italian lunch yesterday and had a drawing for random gift cards.  I won a $10 Panera gift card and was so darn excited to win something I beamed from ear to ear.  


Nick tends to get spoiled (and so do I via Nick's 5th graders) during his birthday and the holidays, but this isn't as common in the high school.  However, a few of my students this year baked random goodies and gave me hugs and cards this year to share their merriment.  Again, I was so surprised and humbled they thought to do this for me :)


I was a little bit of a bad girl and treated myself to a few new Alex & Ani goodies and had a nice little arm stack going yesterday.  This company is so amazing, in fact, that as an apology for their delayed shipping/processing on recent orders, they awarded customers (including myself!) with a $25 gift card.  Win-Win!


I've also been a wrapping fiend.  I'm not the most creative crayon in the box (I'm more of a traditional "red" or "blue" rather than a "mac n cheese" yellow), but I've enjoyed playing around with different wrapping ideas.  


And lastly, I've been eyeing down this whole weather thing.  We had our ice days last week, but we will be in the 60's and 70's over the next week (which is A-ok by me).  HOWEVER, if this 60's and 70's ish weather keeps me away from more delays & snow days from January - March, we'll have some major problems.  

happy happy happy FRIDAY errybody.  

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

1 comment:

The Pink Growl said...

I love me some Alex & Ani!! So jealous of you long work vacay, but go ahead and enjoy those adult bevvies girl! merry Christmas!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS