Pages

Susie Homemaker

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Alert the masses, we have recently enjoyed another 2 homemade meals that didn't include pasta or pizza!  I have no idea what's gotten into us (other than the fact that we're grown ups now and maybe should consider eating good, quality meals that don't break the bank), but I'm loving it.  I think it's a good goal to try a new recipe every week, but that's just it for now; a goal.  We'll see how long I can keep it up!

First up, we have an Asian-inspired dinner:

-Grilled chicken (marinade: 1/2 c. reduced sodium soy sauce, 1/2 c. water, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp. minced ginger)
 -Grilled asparagus (drizzle with evoo, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, & onion powder & squeeze lemon juice over the top after grilling is complete)
-Sriracha broccoli (recipe & step-by-step instructions found: here)






So much yes.  We will be enjoying this meal again sometime in the future! 

And second off, I gave Stephanie's Spaghetti Squash Taco Casserole a go 
(I added fat free shredded cheddar cheese & black olives!):

This was only okay in my opinion...  I don't know if it's how I did it, but it tasted a little bland.  Enjoyed it a lot more the day after as a leftover after the flavors had more time to set in :)  Nick said he liked it too, and went back for seconds the night we made it, so it could be added to our monthly line-up.  We shall see!

Again & again, I'm always up for new ideas & would love for you to share!  Giving this whole susie homemaker thing a shot and enjoy new ideas.  

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS