Pages

Cauliflower Pizza

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I spent the better part of a recent afternoon binge watching Giada at Home season 1.  When I watch Giada (or any professional chef for that matter) the thought briefly crosses my mind that I, too, could cook a home made meal or two without poisoning poor Nick.  Things can be a little hit-or-miss around these parts in the cooking dept., so I'm always skeptical.

Coupled with watching Giada was a lot of food pinning.  Paleo this, whole 30 that, and the most scrumptious summer cocktails you-ever-did-see typically frequent my feed.  I was looking for something easy to try that would mix it up a bit and came across instructions on how to make cauliflower pizza.  Giada gave me the courage to put on my big girl pants and give it a shot.  She was busy making a 3 course meal complete with gorgonzola stuffed portobello mushrooms, cranberry & cornmeal cake, and penne with shrimp and herbed cream sauce, so the least I could do was whip together a pizza.

Results: approved by me, whereas Nick was indifferent.  I'll take it :)  He's more into the real deal, so this was a little out of his comfort zone.

Recipe (originally found here):

1 c. cooked, riced cauliflower
1 c. shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
olive oil
pizza sauce & toppings

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  Mix together cauliflower, egg, & mozzarella.  Add oregano, garlic, garlic salt, & stir.  Put onto a cookie sheet & form into a 9" round.  Before baking, drizzle/brush evoo on top.  Bake for 15 minutes.  After baking, add toppings and replace in oven for an additional 3-4 minutes.   Let cool, cut, & enjoy!




Note: these are individual portions orrrr great for an appetizer portion :)  Your grown hubs will not be completely satiated if this is all you give him.  Oh well, you live and learn!  

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png
 
 
 

2 comments:

Katie said...

yum!! i've always wanted to try that!!!

Laura said...

This actually looks good!!! I have some chopped cauliflower in my freezer and I think it needs to be used for this :)

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS