Pages

Friendsgiving

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Well hello there little blog, long time no talk!  Life has been busy around these parts; Nick's Master's program is in full swing, miss @pennkenn is taking the world by storm (she is almost 8 months old now!!), and I'm busy juggling being a wife, homemaker, puppy mommy, and teacher.  However, it was worth taking a few minutes to reminisce and appreciate our first ever Friendsgiving.  We decided about a week ago to host a make-shift friendsgiving, and are so happy we did.  Although we didn't eat the traditional "Thanksgiving cuisine," we were all satisfied with an Italian spin-off.

We enjoyed Italian wedding soup, spinach strawberry feta salad, beef lasagna with garlic cheese bread, and pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.  Everything was phenomenal. I'll let the pictures do the talking, but let me preface by saying this was the first time we'd used our fine china since getting married in 2013.  It was so fun to play Susie homemaker and don the table with festive decor.


 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm 99.999% sure our guests left with full stomachs and happy hearts.  It was an evening well spent & I can only hope to make this a yearly tradition.  Now to bring on Thanksgiving with my family (only a 2 day work week standing between yummy turkey and I) & bring on CHRISTMAS.  I'm still working on convincing Nick to let me decorate before we leave, so fingers crossed that pans out!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!  
 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS