Pages

Cauliflower Tabbouleh

Friday, July 11, 2014

Well, weight gain has officially creeped up on me again.  And by creeped up on me, I mean it's been all downhill since the wedding.  Then the holidays.  And the icing on the cake being our cruise in April.  So, here we are, back to square one.  But instead of getting discouraged, Nick & I have taken it as an opportunity to start anew and eat/live healthier.  Last week I challenged myself to make meals that were both tasty & healthy and I'll share with you what we came up with.  Being home in the summer makes it the perfect time to try new things and makes it much easier to plan/stick it out.  

First off, cauliflower tabbouleh.  I found the recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 cauliflower, riced
1.5 c. super sweet tomatoes, halved
1.5 c. fresh parsley, minced
3/4 c. cilantro, minced
4 green onions, thinly sliced

Dressing:
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. evoo
1 tsp. sweetener or syrup
1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:
After preparing your ingredients, combine the ingredients in a large bowl.  Top with dressing and incorporate completely.  Chill in refrigerator (the longer the better - it lets the flavor sink in!)  Serve atop your favorite cracker or alone for a refreshing dish.  


Next week: imitation Larabars

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS