Pages

Fish Tacos

Friday, August 11, 2017


I have this terrible habit of eating worse during the summer than I do during the school year.  It's really strange, but for whatever reason I meal plan better and follow-through more often when I'm already following an otherwise structured schedule.  I find it odd because I have my summers off, and thus have a lot more time to meal prep, research new recipes, and spend more time on the execution.  We've jumped on and off the healthy eating wagon a few times this summer, but we're doing our best to keep the momentum going.  Recently, I've added fish tacos + chicken fajitas to the mix (and both were big hits!) so I wanted to share :)

I N G R E D I E N T S 
1lb tilapia (you could also use catfish or cod)
EVOO
2+ limes
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
salt
pepper
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
Sriracha 
Corn tortillas
optional: FF mozzarella (or other cheese)

M A K E it H A P P E N
1st: marinate your fish in the following concoction (~15 mins or more)...  lay the fish flat and top with 3tsp EVOO, 1/2 lime, chili powder, oregano, garlic clove, salt, + pepper... flip/coat both sides evenly

2nd: in a small bowl, combine cilantro, onions, and 1/2 lime (set aside)

3rd: in another bowl, combine yogurt, 1/2 tsp. sriracha, 1/2 lime, salt, pepper to taste (the "white sauce")

4th: fire up the grill on med-high heat.  place fish on foil lined grates and cook each side for ~3-5 minutes (check your temp to be sure your fish is done)

5th: assemble your tacos (with as much fresh lime squeezed atop the tacos) and devour!!  

Please let me know if you try these + if you have any alterations!!  


























No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS