Pages

Kale Chips

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Earlier this week I spoke about some goals that I had for the next couple weeks of my diet.  One of which was to incorporate kale into my meals, and this afternoon I decided was a good time to catch up on DVRed Shark Tank and make some kale chips.  I over-salted them (caution!!), but you live and learn, right?!  I only made a portion of a head, so I'll have some left over to munch on tomorrow, too.


Ingredients:
1 head of kale, thoroughly washed & dried
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Dash of sea salt (to flavor)


Directions:
Pre-heat the oven to 275 degrees F.  Remove the leaves from their stalk, and remove the ribs from the kale (the thicker lighter portion that runs vertically through the leaves).  Cut into small pieces (approximately 1 inch each), and lay on an un-greased cooking sheet.  Drizzle with EVOO & salt and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.  I've heard you're supposed to flip them half way through, so consider doing that if you're more chef-fy than I & enjoy :) 


What healthful foods are incorporated in your diet?  Any recipes to share/suggest?

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS