Pages

Lifestyle Makeover: How am I still doing this?

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

So, I am now 14 days invested in this "diet," but can hardly call it that.  If I've lasted 2 weekends, two work weeks, and 1 food Friday [that my department at school puts on every-other-Friday], I think it's safer to say this is becoming more and more of a permanent change.  Amidst all the distractions and temptations, I've found myself asking myself, "how did I come this far!?"  So, incase I ever retort to my old ways [no no no!], here's something for me to reference to get my butt back in gear:

1.  Accept that it will not be easy.  Right now.  Good.

2. Give up making excuses [think the 2012 season of "Biggest Loser- No Excuses].  Excuses are like you-know-whats; everyones got one!!

3. Create a chart to track progress and set backs.  Also, track food intake, exercise regiments (thank you iPhone app!), and quantity of water intake.

4. Force yourself to face challenges head on and conquer them.  For example, when ready, conquer the snack aisle in a grocery store [or whichever aisle is your kryptonite].  Then, [when ready], make something not on the diet for others and don't eat any of it.  Even if you're baking delicious biscotti, don't even lick a spoon.  Watch commercials with pizza being promoted, go out to eat, attend a party, etc., but only when you feel like you're ready.  With every temptation you turn down, you become that much more committed/confident.

5. Figure out what motivates you.  For me, it's the underlying expectation from myself and those who know what I'm doing.  Hence, I have no problem sharing my "story," because I feel that I owe it to all of you to come up with some results.  It's a way to be held accountable and keep on track :)

6. Have reasonable expectations.  You will not lose 20lbs. in a day [healthily], nor will it remain off if you only commit for a short period of time.  This is an investment in your future, and will take _____ amount of days/weeks/months depending on which weight you're beginning at and hoping to end with.

7. Lastly, give yourself an incentive at the end of the ride.  For me, I'm really thinking honeymoon in Hawaii and some gorgeous Victoria's Secret bikinis.  That's my end goal/reward, and it drives me to that happy place where I'm a smaller healthier size and soaking up the sun!

If you have other tips/tricks that help to keep you motivated, feel free to share!  I'm so "giddy" about this, but I've certainly had some bad days, and certainly will have many more to come.  Especially when I still have dark chocolate Easter bunnies sitting on my counter and Girl Scout cookies in my freezer.  Oh well,

Image found on Pinterest
And remember:
n o t h i n g tastes as good as skinny feels

:)

3 comments:

Laura said...

Gosh girl I admire your dedication!! dieting isn't easy but it's so worth it when you can fit in those jeans again that you've missed! And when you LIKE looking at your legs in the mirror... and when you actually FEEL so much better... that is the best part :) you're doing great!

CK said...

Thank you for your sweet encouragement! It's hard, but I'm in it to win it hee hee!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I had no idea you were doing this! So awesome! I've been catching up with your posts! Good for you - you look amazing!!

I had some health problems and went from a size 5 to a size 11 in 6 months. I've never bee able to really shed the weight. I started WW for the 3rd time (I know it works because the first time I went down a size ad kept it off for a year, even though I only did WW for 3 months). My biggest issue is my defeatist attitude. I think "well I'm so fat I guess it doesn't matter" as I eat a brownie. Or "I already screwed up today, might as well eat whatever I want". I need to get over that!

You're a great inspiration!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS