Lifestyle Makeover: Weight Loss Jars

Thursday, March 14, 2013

So I lost all this weight from April - August 2012 (40 lbs.) then gained some back from August 2012 - January 2013 (20 lbs.) then re-lost it from January 2013 - present (back to 40 lbs. lost) all due to my lifestyle makeover blah, blah, blah...

But I found as of late, I'm a little less motivated by those things that motivated me before and needed a little pick-me-up to keep me going.  After wedding dress fitting numero uno, I declared diet diet diet.  To that my friends, I say so far so good.  However, I'm a visual person.  I'm not going to see my wedding dress/how it fits on the daily, nor am I going to see physical results every day; and thus a little Pinterest project (found here) was born.



Visual?  Check.
Motivational?  Double check.

There are so many ways to make these little jars cute + with the raffia & chalk boards they fit right into my home decor.  I kind of cheated a little by including my 41 pounds in the "lost" jar, but still have a goal of 19 to go....  Ideally my goal is closer to 29 lbs., but baby steps here, baby steps.  One goal at a time.  :)

We'll see how it goes!

Do you have any easy DIY 
motivational ideas to get you through?

Linking up with Katie + Steph.

9 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

I have seen this and pinned it and I actually need to do it myself for some visual motivation since I'm struggling with a little recent weight gain myself. Love it!

Brooke said...

This is such a cute idea!

Sarah said...

What a great idea!

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

This is a fantastic idea! Too bad I don't have a scale to track my weight loss! I try to avoid those at all cost :) Good for you though girl!!! That weightloss is something to be very proud of!

Jacqueline said...

That is so cute and such a good idea!!!!

Maggie B. said...

When I joined Weight Watchers back in July I did the same thing - I used sparkly sticky letters to mark one jar "lost" and one "to go" and used blue glass beads - one bead for each 1/2 pound. I love the idea, but I'm not the greatest at moving them each week. But, I've lost around 30 since July, and I've got around 25 more to go!

Stephanie said...

I like this! I'm visual too, I hang up a cute dress in a size too small in front of my cabinets containing junk food :) haha I hide it when company is over, but for me it works!

Kerry E. said...

Way to go on the 40 lbs lost already. Being able to visualize the end goal is a total push to keep moving. Good luck!!

Katie said...

what a great idea and rewarding to be able to move them over!!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS