Highs and Lows
Friday, August 16, 2013
And so it begins... my annual I'm-not-happy-it's-Friday-because-I-go-back-to-work-in-a-week depression... I cannot believe how quickly the summer has gone by! It always breezes right past me, but for some reason this summer seemed to go by a lot quicker than I anticipated. Beats me why (sarrrrcasm of course!), but regardless, here we are.
In OTHER news, Nick and I are preparing to spend a week full of fun in the sun with friends at the beach. It is exactly what the doctor ordered amidst all the chaos. I know, I know, how can I complain after coming back from Mexico a mere 2 weeks ago? Here's a couple little recaps why:
1. We had to buy 4 different TV mounts until we found one that worked for us. Meaning 4 different trips, 4 different expenses, 4 different attempts, and a lot of frustration.
2. We purchased a lawnmower and 5 minutes into it's first use, the pull string thing broke. Bam - just donezo. Meaning yet another trip to Home Depot. The people at Home Depot & Lowes must know me by name and credit card # by now.
3. I sat in 40 - FORTY - minutes of traffic when on my way to go turn in my apartment keys on Thursday. This was over a 3 mile span. I. just. can't.
4. A burner on our stove broke, our one toilet was leaking, our disposal broke, and our refrigerator is leaking... fortunately all but the latter have since been fixed (thank you a million Dad Kenn!)
5. Aaaand the people at lockitup telemarketers won't stop calling us. How many different times/ways do I have to say "I'm not interested//do not call us ever again"? I think the next time they call I'm going to make up a sob story and keep them on the line for as long as possible. I was a telemarketer for 0.2342 seconds and it was the worst job ever on the planet. Besides maaaaybe being a toilet cleaner in the Mexican airport with their awful septic problems.
So yes, happy little me in previous posts has been hiding these frustrations behind my little fingertips. And you know what, it's OK that there have been a lot of ups and downs lately. That's life. And when life gives you a trying time you know what you do? You go to the beach for the week with your husband and drink it off.
Maybe not every time, but this time at least.
In happier news, here are a few things that have had me smiling the last couple days:
saying goodbye to our first home together.
bittersweet, but special
we're looking forward to the next chapter!
candlelit wine showers.
Now once I scrub this tub down maaaybe I'll get a little enjoyment
out of a bubble bath or two.
The backyard view from our couch.
Such pretty trees and such breezy days make for
a happy me - and I love having the windows open.
Wise words and beautiful beginner calligraphy on Shaylyn's Instagram.
This really spoke to me and made me smile :)
And last, but not least, breakfast with my man & a dear friend of ours
With delicious OJ made even more so when drank out of a mason jar
And a first round attempt at cinnamon brown sugar waffles.
Husband tested, husband approved.
Happy Friday, friends.
Follow along our little mini vacation on Instagram or Twitter
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday
All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.