Pages

Sofritas

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Well, I'd be lying if I told you that this recipe turned out for me.  I feel a little guilty going on and on about some delicious copycat Chipotle sofrita recipe that (in my opinion) turned out nothing like the Chipotle sofritas I have come to know and love; however, I gave it a shot.  And honestly, I think the problem was me not the recipe itself.  

You see, I've never tried cooking with tofu before...  I've had it a handful of times, but have never prepared it myself.  I'm sure I made a mistake somewhere along the way because the final product was a little too moist for my liking.  The seasoning & flavors were delicious, but I think next time I'll try the same recipe on ground turkey instead.  

I found the recipe here.  I can't emphasize enough; if you know how to prepare/enjoy tofu, this recipe is delicious! 



Top it off with fat free cheddar cheese, salsa verde, and plain Greek yogurt and enjoy!  
 

Nick was such a trooper and gave it his best shot.  Guys, he ate the whole thing.  I love that guy to the moon and back and promised him I'd never subject him to my concocted sofritas ever again.  He appreciated this :)  

Oh well, you win some/you lose some.  

A definite win to come: kabobs!!  

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

1 comment:

The Pink Growl said...

I like tofu at some places, but I've never made it either. Looks great!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS