Pages

Summer is Winding Down...

Friday, August 21, 2015

...and I don't know how I feel about it.  Bits and pieces of me are longing for fall.  Just a few days ago I proclaimed I wasn't ready for the fall, but with a few leaves mysteriously turning red and already falling from the trees (I suspect it's their lack of water) I can't help but get a little giddy.  I love the fall; the weather, the football, the flavors...  Yet, I'm not ready to go back to work.  I'm not ready to give up my lazy days with no commitments.  I might have a dog that attempts to wake me up daily around 6am, but I'm not ready to put that into a routine practice.  Not to mention, I'm not ready to leave her sweet furry face for long lengths of time and don't want her to feel neglected.  

Oh well, guess that's life for you isn't it?

As summer winds down, Nick & I are trying to squeeze in a few more excursions (i.e. wineries and weddings) before we each get back to the grind.  We like to do things that include Penny as much as possible, and today was no exception.  We hopped in our car and headed to one of the big winery hotspots in VA.  The weather was just right (80's, sunny, and a light breeze), the ambiance was great (not too busy and all of the people/pets we met were friendly), and the company was A+ (I mean look at those two; a hunky husband and a perfect pup!!)





If only summer vacation could last forever, am I right?!  I'm starting to wonder if those on year-round schools (9 weeks on, 2 weeks off or something + some time off in the summer) are onto something...  Hmmm...




No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS