Pages

Four Weddings and Other Updates

Saturday, October 03, 2015

Hello hello and happy Saturday (auto-corrected from Faturday which is what it really feels like thanks to game day food choices such as cheesy ranch fries and pizza #sorrynotsorry...)  We're just snuggled up on the couch enjoying football games as it continues to rain outside and I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the sun again!?  Joaquin hasn't hit us quite as hard as originally anticipated (thank goodness), but it has left us cooped up in the house ready for it to completely pass.  I was in the process of updating my iTunes and figured I'd do a little update here, too...

We were quite busy in August and September - we finished off our 2015 wedding season with 3 weddings in the span of 7 weeks ranging from PA to FL and back to PA again amidst Nick going back to grad school and both of us kicking off our 5th year as educators.  I love weddings and love and celebrating two people who were made for one another, butttttt I was happy to hang up my dancing shoes (and revive my bank account) until our 2016 wedding season kicks off in January.  Extra special congratulations to all of our friends who got engaged and/or married this year!!!!!!  We love all of you to the moon and back!!!!!!  And special shout out to my forever wedding date, this hunk right here:


Oh, I also joined a 20 team all girls fantasy football league.  The verdict is still out on that one... on paper my team should be doing much better than it actually is, but that's football for you!!  #AnygivenSunday.  Or Monday.  Or Thursday.  It's kind of cute because Nick has been helping me learn and it's just a different "bonding" experience for the two of us :)

And even though I haven't had a ton of extra time on my hands, I snagged a copy of What to Eat When You're Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby's Development.  Before you get too excited let me just get one thing way out of the way here: NO, we are NOT pregnant, and NO we don't expect to be pregnant any time soon.  However, I have had quite a few friends get pregnant and/or have babies lately, and it piqued my interest just a teeny tiny bit.  I figured, if this book could provide recipes and insights that would be beneficial when pregnant, it couldn't hurt to look into it even if I'm not pregnant, right?  So I started to get into it, and am happy I did.  


Dr. Avena does a nice job setting up explanations for those of us out there that have ZERO idea about the development of a fetus over the gestational period.  What I found to be most intriguing was how your pre-pregnancy weight can have major impacts on how your pregnancy evolves.  As someone who has always struggled with my weight, I realized I need to kick it into high gear both before trying to conceive as well as while pregnant in order to provide our future child with the best opportunities for development.  I quickly realized that I am not in a place where I should yet try to get pregnant, and accept that some changes are in order.

What I liked best about this book was the detail; I have no idea where B12 can be found in my diet, nor did I realize how essential folic acid was.  She outlines specific times during pregnancy when certain vitamins and minerals are essential and explains how to incorporate them into your diet.  I like that I could easily develop a meal plan based off of her recommendations.

All in all, it was totally bizarre that this was the book that I went for, but I like having it on stand by for when the time does come to bring little baby K's into the world.  Although I know I'll never feel 100% ready for kids, every little piece of info helps!!  I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review, but you can find it available for purchase here, here, and here.  

Until next time :)

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS