Pages

Lifestyle Makeover: Already 34 days in?!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

If you haven't been around since I began my lifestyle makeover, let me give you a few updates:

-Before I began, I was very overweight.  If I were to be honest, I was classified as that scary, icky "o" word that I dare not write.
-I have a bad family history of diabetes and heart disease
-I am only a 20-something with no children
-I got engaged in February and have a July, 2013 wedding planned
-I needed a makeover.  Badly.

I had always talked about changing my life, adding exercise into my routine, and modify my bad-food intake, but never quite got around to it.  Now, 34 days into my official kick-in-the-butt, I'm proud to say that I've hit just over 25 pounds of weight loss!  Putting that into perspective, I have lost the following from my body:

Now, imagine grocery shopping and purchasing five 5lb. bags of sugar...  And imagine having to carry it around with you everywhere you go.  Sounds miserable, right?  Well, five 5lb. bags of sugar later, I'm glad I got rid of that "baggage"!!!!

I still have quite a long journey to go (still not comfortable sharing my starting/current/goal weights, but might get up the courage eventually), but I'm ready to roll.  It has never ever been easy, and I continue to face an internal conflict when I see others enjoying delicious cuisines, but here's the thing, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.  Nothing is worth risking your life, your looks, and your confidence.  And if I'm being 100% honest, my weight loss over the past month is majorly due to my eating habits, not my exercising.  Really.  Just changing my diet permanently has worked wonders on my body/life.  What that says to me is that there really is no excuse not to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  What it also says to me, is imagine what I could do if I became just as diligent with my workouts!?  (We're still working on the consistency/intensity levels....)

So, if you're reading this and you're like I was and need that kick-in-the butt, GET GOING!  I was the queen of I-hate-vegetables, and have found that when prepared correctly, there really isn't a vegetable I'm not at least willing to try.  I was also the queen of convenience; ordering out or making pasta was always the easy route; however, that's why there is this magical word called "pre-pare."  If you invest the time once or twice a week to prepare meals, snacks, etc. you're not only left with healthier alternatives to fuel yourself, but you also are saving substantial money that goes wasted to eating at a restaurant or take-out (trust me on this one)!!  Honest honest honest, I was the poster-child for an unhealthy lifestyle; if I can (and am) doing this, so can you.  You'd be amazed at what you can do :)

More to come on my diet/weight loss progress next week - hope to see you back then!

1 comment:

Laura said...

holy cow that's amazing Christina!! I never would have known that you had that much to lose but I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS