Pages

Lifestyle Makeover: 4 days of honest meals

Thursday, August 16, 2012

When you come off of one of those "uh-oh" weekends, the best 2 things I can recommend you doing are (1) relax & (2) regroup.  I happened to do this by nipping my laissez faire attitude in the bud and focusing on the little details that are fueling my body.  I notice that although I start off the week a little "bad," it usually doesn't take me much to get back on track.  By recording everything I consume, this allows the realization of how good // bad I was set in...  And by not wanting to be judged by myself & others, this serves as a good little check! 

Warning, a few of these meals / snacks aren't pretty.  Evidence of said behavior seen here:


HOWEVER, I've also collected this:


here . we . go 

::Monday::
Breakfast:
2 c. coffee black
1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt w/ 1 tbsp mini choc chips
Snack:
1/2 cinnamon pop tart
Lunch:
2 c. lemon water
1 sugar free strawberry jell-o
Romaine lettuce salad w/ 1 tbsp. ff balsamic vinaigrette (including 1 slice american cheese, cucumbers, red onions, green olives, garlic, peppadews, & ff parmesan topping)
Dinner:
2c. water
2 bud lites 
Hummus with pita chips, kalamata olives, pepperchinis, cucumbers, + feta cheese
Handful of nachos
(...........but we did come in 2nd place for trivia, so that has to count for something!)


::Tuesday::
Breakfast:
1 c. coffee
1 90 calorie granola bar
1 c. water
Lunch:
6in turkey sub on wheat w/ provolone cheese, tomatoes, pickles, onions, olives, & vinegar
1 c. water
Snack:
1 c. water
1 sugar free strawberry jell-o
Dinner:
Taco salad at Moe's w/ guac, chicken, lettuce, salsa, olives, jalapenos, cheese, & black beans (womp)
Sugar free nonfat vanilla froyo w/ strawberries, bananas, & granola @ sweetfrog (womp womp)

::Wednesday::
Breakfast: 
1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt
1 c. coffee
2 c. water
Lunch:
1 salad w/ romaine lettuce, 1 tbsp ff balsamic dressing, peppadews, cucumbers, green olives, garlic, red onions, & ff parmesan topping
1 sugar free strawberry jell-o
2 c. water
1 c. coffee
Snack:
Sugar free nonfat vanilla froyo w/ bananas, reces pieces, & sugar free chocolate drizzle (womp, again... this honesty thing can be hard//embarrassing sometimes!)
Dinner:
1 c. water
1 glass red wine
Same salad as lunch w/ 1/2 can tuna (in water) and 1 slice white American cheese (the froyo made salad #2 so worth it)

::Thursday::
Breakfast:
2 c. coffee
1 c. water
1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt 

I'm thinking sushi for lunch and repeat dinner from last night and sweet frog round 3.  Judge away, my friends.  

Questions for YOU:
[1] Do you have a food journal or would you ever consider beginning one?
[2] If you have used one before, has it been as big an eye-opener as mine usually is for me?

if you need more healthy + fit inspiration, go visit Raven & Kristen to see their kick-butt 
progress as well as other beautiful & dedicated ladies working on they fitness, too!

7 comments:

Cassandra said...

Its never to late to get back on track! Its so easy to get off the track on weekends! Its like subconsciously we think every aspect of our lives gets a break. Great meals!

Mosby Hardin said...

My trainer is having me start a food journal. Mostly because she wont be seeing me for 3 months and wants me to stay on track. I am interested in seeing how well this goes, as well as a little nervous that she will be seeing all of it!

Katie said...

I am thinking about adding a food journal into the mix! Do you think yours has really helped??

Traci said...

Keeping a food journal is sometimes essential for me to keep on track because with my son sometimes I just mindlessly eat without even realizing what I am doing! I am so busy with him that it goes right over my head. I may have to use yours as inspiration!

Katie said...

i could eat frozen yogurt every day and love it. at least you put fruit on yours!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Your food journal has me starving!!!

THanks for linking up lady!

-Kristen

Suzzie Vehrs said...

Mm frozen yogurt is so good and doesn't make me feel guilty. Haha. It's always grea t to see someone eating healthy! Keep up the good work and thanks for motivating us!

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS