Pages

RW | to-do list

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I love to do lists.  I also love post-it notes and awkwardly enough, the way they smell.  I especially love when the two come together and have a multitude of them stuck in my Lilly agenda as well as all over my desk & in various places around my classroom & home.  The excitement I get when I feel a sense of accomplishment is almost embarrassing, and with every "check" off my to-do list, I get more excited to condense lists & begin anew.

The problem is, sometimes you can't check things off the list until you've added so many new things that it seems overwhelming...

...We're at this point sort of.  

The wedding planning process has been nothing short of smooth {or as smooth as I could've asked for}, and with the overwhelming help and support of family & friends, I haven't had to sweat about anything.  However, there still feels like a million and one things standing between me and July 20. 

Pick out tuxedos
Get Nick measured
Wedding dress fitting #1
Pick out flower girl dresses
Purchase ring bearer tuxedo
Order wedding invitations
Figure out a cake situation
Figure out a card "box" option
Finish/order guestbook 
Purchase wedding shoes
Wedding jewelry
Order bridesmaid's treats
Sign contracts with our photographer
Finalize payments with all vendors
Finalize numbers, selections, etc. with vendors
Book honeymoon 
Book flights
REGISTER!!!
File taxes
Figure out guest list/locale for bachelorette party
Determine available weekend(s) for bridal shower #2 for Nick's side of the family
Begin addressing thank-you envelopes
Purchase postage for invitations
Meet with local priest & wedding priest at least 1-2 more times
Apply for wedding license
Organize guest baskets
Make table arrangements
Assign duties for wedding day set up/decor/gift transport/etc.
Begin to create wedding day itinerary 
and
and
and
and
andddd

So with that, kudos to POST-IT & Lilly for keeping me sane during this hectic but exciting time.  And when they just don't make the cut, thank you glass bottle of wine.  Most importantly, shout-out to Nick for still wanting to go through with this.  :)

pop bottles y'all.
linking up with my fellow wine lover, Shanna for #randomwednesday

6 comments:

Katie said...

that is a lot to do but it will get done!! I hope you can still enjoy it - you only get to do it once! :)

#mommylife said...

you still have lotsa time don't worry yet! ;) And let me know if you need any help with anything! I had so much fun planning mine.. Glad it's over- but it was fun looking at and buying everything!

Jade :) said...

i remember when i got married i swear my todo list was CRAZY but really, besides working on my place cards the night before everything did get done and ON TIME and it was amazing :)

Because Shanna Said So said...

I have a solid feeling that you will be going through several more bottles of wine before July 20th! ;) And that is COMPLETELY okay!!

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I am smitten! I would absolutely jump for joy if you came over and said hi! We could totally be friends- loved this post. Also, I sound like a stalker FREAK, but I promise I'm pretty normal. Side note: Sometimes I break promises. Ha! XO

Anonymous said...

I just happened to stumble across your blog - love it btw - and had to butt in that I am getting married July 13, so my to-do list is nearly identical to yours! Good luck and have fun : )

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS