Pages

We Are...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

MIA a lot lately.  I know, really MIA...  I may be one for juggling life as smoothly as possible, but sometimes you have to put a couple things on the back burner and let 'em simmer while you prepare the next course.  That's where the blog has been sitting - on the way backest of burners, and that's okay by me.  

As some of you may know, we're very close to our wedding day.  At this point, we're under 30 days out and I'm thrilled!  The plans really are coming to life and I just know it will be such a wonderful and memorable day.  However, amidst all that excitement, we're adding another big venture to our list...

Before you get too excited, we're not expecting and we're not proud puppy parents (yet), but we are anticipating closing on our very first home at the end of July!

Ready for the part that makes my head spin?  We have a lot of pre-wedding ventures to takle (i.e. bachelor/bachelorette parties, meetings, etc.) all out of town, then are getting married out of town on July 20, and are following that up with an almost immediate honeymoon, and still anticipate closing by close of business on July 31.  WHEW!

Don't ask me how, but everything has worked out thus far...  This leads me to believe if it is meant to be, it will be.  So many tears, thoughts, prayers, and discussions have gone into this process that had led us to this decision.  Although we're both very comfortable and confident with our choices now, the decision wasn't something that we took lightly.  We had to ask ourselves over and over:

Are we ready?
Are our jobs stable?
Should we wait?
Will this be a good investment in our future?
How do extraneous factors influence this decision?

And so on and so forth...  But here's the thing: even though Nick and I could not answer any of these questions with 100% certainty, we were confident that this was the right choice for us.  And that, my friends, is something I/we can live with :)

At some point I hope to follow up on some DIY/home improvement posts, but after today (and until July 31), this blog will be dedicated to the here + now... and will predominantly be wedding related.  eeeeeep!!  I'm so excited to be a MRS.!!  This guy + me forever?  I'll take it.



Thanks for sticking by friends, and stay tuned for the fun that is to come :)

 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congrats Christina! That is so exciting to purchase your first home! I can't wait until we purchase a home of our own one day... I hope everything goes smoothly and you can close on schedule right when you get back from your honeymoon! So excited for you!! :)

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS