Pages

Treat Yourself Day

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Dear Shay,

You. Are. Brilliant.  Really with this "treat yourself day" mantra?  Pure genius.  I am one who loves taking care of others and celebrating in their big day(s), but to actually dub a "me day" (aside from my birthday) was pretty special.  I do do things for myself now and again, but not on as much of a whim.  I have to confess, though, this was more of a "treat yourself weekend" than anything else...  hope that's ok :)

You see, I didn't have the opportunity to take Friday off.  I'm a teacher and need to bank my days in the event that baby K's come someday (they don't just give us the time off, unfortunately), so I decided to make my day last the span of the weekend.  I was feeling pretty crummy after school got out so you know what I did to make myself feel better?  Grabbed a piping hot passion tea & got an impromptu pedicure.  Instant gratification.


Nick (unknowingly) helped the whole movement and treated me like a little princess all night.  He got me all the cold remedies money could buy and tucked me in snug as a bug by 10:00 at night.  I then slept like a baby clear through 9:30 am the next morning.  In my mind, another major treat :)


Not a lot of work got done on Saturday, but we decided to take the time to catch up on the most recent episodes of Breaking Bad (ob-sessed) and splurged on a little Qdoba.  

Sunday came and among errands and chores (which I felt a little guilty of doing on Sunday instead of Saturday) I decided, hey, remember that long bob haircut you've been wanting?  Go get it!  And you know what I did?  I did just that.


We also painted our bedroom, hung some pictures, and got shopping/meal planning done for the week.  Holy-amazing.  So guess what... I think we should have more of these "treat yourself" days.  Not necessarily monthly, but maybe twice a year.  I feel rested, relaxed, and rejuvenated and am sure you do, too.  So let me know when the next go-around will be; I'll be ready for it!

Happiest hump day all :)  And thanks again, Miss Shay!


 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

3 comments:

The Pink Growl said...

Good for you girl!

Brooke Hamilton said...

I love your new hair cut! It's very cute on you.

So shay said...

Awww this makes me so happy!!! Thank you so much for linking up with me! Your hair looks AMAZING and I am so glad you took a day to treat yoself!!! :) You rock girl!!! <3

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS