Pages

you've been "booed"

Monday, September 23, 2013

Once upon a time back in California (or maybe Virginia...?) my family got "booed."  I was in elementary school at the time and was more than thrilled to see that a mystery ding-dong-ditcher had left behind a plastic jack-o-lantern full of halloween treats for our family.  It became a fun little game among the friends in our neighborhood; once you were "booed" you put together treat bags for others and attempted to stealthily boo others without getting caught.  It worked wonders since we lived in predominantly military communities and knew a lot of the people we resided with, and the tradition continued year after year...

Fast forward to today; I decided it was high time I did a little "booing" of my own.  Instead of limiting it to the neighborhood; however, I decided to bring this fun little game to my high school.  I started it off with 4 people in the hopes that it would pick up, and am eager to see what happens this week when people get "booed" for the first time!

I can't take credit for this idea, nor do I know the originator, so if you ever figure it out, please let me know :)  

Here's the poem adaptation I used at our school: 

And here are the goodies my co-workers will receive (p.s., the dollar section at Target was on point with tons of tricks and treats!):

I threw together the poem, a piece of candy, a couple halloween pencils, stickers, a glow-in-the-dark halloween toy, and a pumpkin spice k-cup in a festive little tin...  Total cost?  Under $5 a person!  




Do you have any special Halloween (or fall) traditions that may be fun to share?  If so, please do!!

Happy fall & happy haunting!
 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS