Pages

now.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I'm not even sure when this particular SNL aired (thank goodness for DVRs and on demand TV), but Nick and I were lol-ing at one of their little commercial skits regarding "Summer's Eve Pumpkin Spice Douche."  I'm really really not trying to be inappropriate here (for heaven's sake you never know who will stumble upon this one day) (hopefully never my students), but parodizing pumpkin spice makes me immediately think of this letter to pumpkin spice written by Miss Erin of Two Thirds Hazel.  Now that it's on the outs for the year, I'm happy to say that I have a healthy like for ps, buuuuut in the right form (i.e. candles, lattes, and air fresheners) and not for any old reason.

But I digress, the purpose of this post was 200% not to write about SNL nor was it to write about pumpkin spices, but to rather catch a few glimpses of tonight via iPhone.  Tonight was lovely.  The fire was roaring, the wine was chilled, and I have 2 long days ahead of me in terms of tutoring and conferences that will prevent me from getting home until well after dark. I'm so over this whole winter lack-of-sunlight thing...  Is it just me, or is it hitting anyone else extra hard this year?!

Anyhow, I picked up a few little pretties at Target my last couple trips.  Today's turned into two little DIY projects that cost a couple dollars and took 0.00005 minutes.  I found the cutest white and gold twine, clothespins, and stickers in the dollar aisle of Target and knew immediately that I wanted to make a Christmas card holder with these materials.  I had seen some on sale before for $10+ and knew I'd like to make myself one instead.

I also found a $3 burlap "ho ho ho" pillow that I doodled on in permanent marker.  The "ho ho ho" was in a red color and wasn't my style, but for $3 it was worth giving the DIY "Noel" a try. I like the way it turned out and might go back to get a couple more... perhaps "Believe," "Let it snow," and or "Baby it's cold outside" might make an appearance :)

I know I said just a couple days ago how I was attempting to soak in all of the Thanksgiving glory, but I lied.  I am uuber antsy to get my Christmas on (especially in our new home) and have gotten the green light for this weekend.  Hubs = amazing.  






I have a date with my girlfriends on Friday to do another DIY Christmas project and am excited to finally begin decking the halls.

Besides, Thanksgiving is later this year...  Christmas decor shouldn't be cut short because Thanksgiving isn't until the 28th mmkay?  

And with that, goodnight + good day
 photo Signature_zpsbda4491c.png

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS