Pages

Crockpot Cooker

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I swear by McCormick's slow cooker chili seasoning packet!  We had this for dinner Tuesday night, and it was as easy as 1, 2, 3, and as delicious as ever!  With only 15 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 2 carbs per serving (before my add-ons), it's not the worse meal for you, either.

Nick and I chose to brown our lean ground turkey the night before (Monday evening after laundry-doing), but were able to throw everything in the crockpot on the way out the door in the morning (without even having to wake up any earlier; see #2).  I chose to use the lean ground turkey (99% fat free), and added chickpeas, pinto beans, chopped onions, and a fresh chopped jalepeno.  Not only was it a wonderful smell to come home to, but it was also a major relief that dinner was done prior to leaving work!  I'm sensing a trend here; might have to try a new crockpot recipe at least once a week!  Will keep you updated :) 



No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS