Pages

Thanksgiving Week/Weekend

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I may not be a millionaire, and I may never have to potential to be such, but I am full of good fortune and happiness.  I have the BEST two families a girl could ask for.  I've missed mine an awful lot this past week, but will be able to spend the Christmas holiday with them.  My "second family" (aka Nick's family) has been especially gracious and wonderful in the meantime.  I've enjoyed the plethora of food their family whipped up for Thanksgiving (all to-die for), some awesome bonding time during Black Friday shopping, and some tailgating with friends & family accompanied with beautiful weather.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my 5-day vacation.

This time of year can be as wonderful for others as mine has been; but for some, it can be one of the toughest times of the year.  This has especially opened my eyes and has allowed me to appreciate my blessings that much more than usual.  How could someone be so fortunate as to have what I have (not only at home, but at my home-away-from-home as well?!).  As the Christmas season approaches (and as Nick finally allows me to decorate), I continue to consider myself amongst one of the luckiest girls in the world.  For as cliche as it may sound, I can't imagine a better life.

With the conclusion of this holiday approaching, I'd like to recap on some of my favorite past times of the week.  I've especially enjoyed:

-FaceTiming with my family on Thanksgiving
-Learning pinochle, as well as some healthy competition against Nick in "May I"
-Eating delicious food on Thanksgiving
-Getting some gifts (and some gift ideas) for loved ones for Christmas
-Tailgating with the best
-Skyping with my "nephew" R.J. & Co.
-Receiving my first comment from a total stranger (Yay! Thank you, Alyss)

I look forward to going home to decorate, and look forward to all the excitement in the coming weeks, but I especially cannot wait to spend the Christmas/New Year holidays with my family and travel back to see Nick's again.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy some more images of my favorite things of the week/weekend!

Nick & one of his best friends, Kevin - our tailgating host!

Nick & I enjoying a gorgeous Saturday!

The infamous Thanksgiving pilgrim wife that will
forever bring haunting and humor to my family's holiday.

Kevin's beautiful niece & I - we spent quality time learning some fun activities

Lastly, my second family.  I love you!

Pin It

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS