Pages

Life, Lately | Weekend Recap

Monday, March 11, 2013

Well well well, Monday and full work week ahead of me, hello.  Nice to see you not looking forward to seeing you.  After my hectic work week (I worked a total of 1 and 2/3 days last week), I'm not sure how I'll pull this one through...  Here's what I'm talking about:

WEDNESDAY {yes, we're going this far back}
school was cancelled + 3-5 ish inches of snow blanketed our yard... naturally we took this as an opportunity to sleep in, straighten up, and build a massive snowman




The name: Abe 
Height: 5'1" {I'm 5'2"}


although I genuinely hope spring gets its buns here stat, I wasn't going to snub my nose at a free opportunity for a day off.  Score!

I also checked order invitations off the wedding to-do list.  Double score!

THURSDAY {also a part of the weekend due to snow day #2} began with lounging and tv watching & me at odds with what to do with myself on my second unplanned and unexpected day off from work.  We found Abe a little friend that the neighbors had made, enjoyed a cup of coffee + sun outside of Starbucks, 

ran errands at the HOB LOB (easy peasy DIY coming soon), watched a little Wreck It Ralph and Taken 2, and biggest shocker of all: I went to the gym for 3 days in a row.  Hold your applause.  Or don't, I love the attention//motivation #butreally :)

FRIDAY {which felt like a limbo-day... I was so confused by this part of the week/end} was a little crazy and started off with a 2 hour delay & ended with a DARE basketball game at which Mr. Basketball Star himself {Nick} kicked butt representing the county educators :)  I also had some strange urge to go run around outside and met my annual quota of working out 4x/year in the span of 4 days.  It was a good thing they didn't give us a 3rd full day off because things were starting to get a little kooky and we all I needed a little reality check.


Saturday {the "real" weekend}  At this point I had forgotten what my alarm sounded like and since I had run out of dvred tv shows things to keep me occupied, I decided it was high time I went and had a professional haircut.  It has been 2+ years since this has happened and seemed like the time was right.  Nick & I also booked our honeymoon {weeeeeeeeeeeeee!}, and had another Saturday night in playing games with friends.  My fave :)  I also reaffirmed my love of sauvignon blanc.  



Sunday oh, sweet, sweet, Sunday.  You were spent doing next to nothing.  A little Alg 2 for my upcoming tutoring sessions, a lot of lounging, and some chores made you absolutely perfect.  Not to mention temperatures in the upper 50's and sun.  

So yes, Monday & full work week ahead, by hello I really mean can you go goodbye?  Because this girl is ready for another weekend.  

You know, since I didn't get enough of it with those past 5 days(ish) off and all ;)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Join the Gossip this morning. All your snow made me sad. It was almost 70 here yesterday and I am so ready for the warm weather. I do wish I could have a couple of snow days, though.
Happy Monday,
Laurie
Lulu and Daisy

Katie said...

yeah for two snow days! we had one last week and it definitely through me off - and it makes this full week of school seem hard! :) hope you have a good monday!

The Pink Growl said...

YAY for booking your honeymoon! That's exciting!

Postcards from Rachel said...

Stopping by from Monday Gossip. I love the massive snowman you built. :)

Rachel
http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

According to Jax said...

found you through the link up and love your blog!!! :)
P.S. I have a giveaway on my blog right now...(and 3 more in the next few weeks!) Hope you'll check it out and enter!
www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com

Kait said...

Ahhh! I want to see the invites! I'm so nosy, I KNOW, but seriously..wedding fever ova hereeee

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

YAY honeymoooooooooon! So exciting!!

It's crazy to think that this weekend I was in sunny San Diego and it was snowing for you! It always blows my mind.

Glad you enjoyed your snow days (lucky!).

Thanks for linking up :)

Amie said...

Yay for snowdays!! We got snow too, but the hospital didn't give us a snow day, darn. Anyways, love Abe, he's a keeper!

Stephanie said...

Abe is huge and I love him!!

Unknown said...

Hooray for days off! I wanted to play in the snow too :(

Congrats on going to the gym 3 days in a row. I know I couldn't do it :p

All views expressed in this blog are my own. Powered by Blogger.
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS